· 1977 The District of Columbia enacts an anti-handgun law which also requires registration of all rifles and shotguns within the District of Columbia.
· 1981-Glock's revolutionary safe action pistol, referred to as the Model 17, is born. This firearm, though initially mocked for its polymer frame, would revolutionize the firearms industry.
· 1982-Guns Galore is born. Ever since we started, we have been committed to providing top-level service, products, and low prices. We have been serving the same community for more than thirty years, and are thankful for the faith and loyalty our community has placed in us.
· 1994-Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act passes. This act established, on an interim basis, a 5 day waiting period until the mandated National Instant Criminal Background Check System, run by the FBI, could be established.
· 1994-Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act passes. Commonly referred to as the Assault Weapons Ban, this bill banned the manufacture, possession, and importation of new semiautomatic assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (or magazines) for civilian use.
· 2000-Smith and Wesson enters into a historic agreement with the Clinton White House, requiring a redesign of their product line to no longer take large capacity magazines and implementation of internal locking devices on their handguns. Public opinion in the firearms community was fierce, resulting in a nearly 40 percent drop in Smith and Wesson revenue. Smith and Wesson, owned by a British firm at the time of the agreement, was sold the following year to Saf-T-Hammer corporation.
· 2004-Most provisions of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act expired, as very little legislative or public support could be found to re-initiate it. This is indicative of the sea change in public opinion on the subject of gun control.
· 2005-Guns Galore moves to its current location at 2440 U.S. Highway 92 East in Lakeland.
· 2008-District of Columbia v. Heller Supreme Court ruling. This landmark Supreme court decision established, in a 5-4 decision, that the second amendment applies to federal enclaves and protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self defense.
· 2013-Voters in the state of Colorado recalled two Democratic state senators John Morse and Angela Giron for their support of recently enacted state gun control acts.